Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 20:37:40 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Thomas Roell <roell@blah.a.isar.de>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The F_SETOWN problem..

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

> Heck, you'd probably be surprised at how many people have asked me to
> put an audio track on the next FreeBSD CD - some sort of musical
> number reminscent of Borland's Turbo Jazz Band (which does cheat
> outrageously by having employees who are actually GOOD at music
> participate in it).
>
> I suppose I could do the vocals, David could play the drums (since
> he's not musical at all and you don't need to be a musician to play
> the drums :-) and anybody else with a shred of musical talent could
> play whatever they play.

I'm sure I could convince the Nomad's to act as the studio musicians,
and I play a pretty fair rhythm guitar.  Don't you play lead guitar as
well Jordan?

> All we need to do is agree on a musical
> style, some words, a simply tune and then everyone can record their
> track separately and we'll mix the results together.
>
> Being the lyricist, I'll even come up with some inspiring lyrics
> to start with:

[ Boring lyrics deleted for the sake of sanity ]

> Well that's a start, anyway.  I guess I still need to polish this up a
> bit.. :-)

Man, no kidding.  You've done *much* better than this, so I'm sure you
could come up with this.  The lyrics above seem reminiscent of the type
Shaquille O'Neil used on his album, so I'm sure you could do better.

Nate