Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 19:11:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Robert G. Brown" <rgb@phy.duke.edu>
To:        "Patrick W. Bryant" <daspwb@Queequeg.Gsu.EDU>
Subject:   Re: 5.1.0-pre2-to-pre3

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Patrick W. Bryant wrote:

> > Do you get the Data Parity Error message?
>
> Nope.  It looks exactly like it did before.

Curiously (having now locked up the system several times) I only got
that twice.  It may be something that only happens sometimes, and I
happened to get it on the 500 spurious interrupt.  At least, when I
increased the threshold to 1000 I didn't get it.  I've put it back to
see if I get it only at 500, but have to go home now and won't lock up
the system until Monday.  I can use it diskless over the weekend.

BTW, if you need hints/help on getting your box or boxes running
diskless to bridge the gap until the 7890 support jells (and,
obviously, have server space available) let me know.  I'm getting it
down to a science with a nifty diskless boot script that makes a boot
floppy and all support files.

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu