Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:39:25 -0500
From:      KapuT <kaput@whoever.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let's compare notes

Sue Blake wrote:

> Right after you installed FreeBSD, logged in and sat there at
> the prompt, what's the first thing you ever did? :-)

Cryinghehehe
No, has a Micro$oft user, I was lost.  A login???
That sucks hehehe
So finaly, I have enter the dark world of Unix.

> Then what was the first thing you had to sit down and learn about?

cd
cd ..
ls and all that stuff
I have never setted up PPP
I am always using
ppp
term
atz
atd1234567 (the phone number of my ISP...)
a lot of thing and finaly a friend, the only who was under freebsd said
than I have to do the command
add 0 0 HISADDR
I dont know why, but it work hehehe I will search...
Then ircII
after, I have setted up Xwindows and after after, I discovered fvwm and
Netscape.
Not Slowsaic hehehehe
and after after after, its now :-)
So I know a lot of thing for one month user hehe
(and I do a revenge on Linux user who do war on IRC with NewTear :-))))))))

People who nuke sucks...

> How did you you learn it? What resources (documents, friends, whatever)
> did you use? How did you find the resources?

A friend, The Complete FreeBSD 1 edition (800 pages) and sometime, when I
understand, freebsd.org's handbook

> Did you enjoy it? How long did it take to learn?

a lot of reading.  But now, I dont think like before :-)

> --
>
> Regards,
>         -*Sue*-
>
> find / -name "*.conf" |more