Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 22:04:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
Cc:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>, "Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>, <ccf@master.ndi.net>, <gordont@bluemtn.net>, <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: technical comparison

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

:
:Point taken, but the "yank power, see who survives" test is illogical
:and dangerous thinking.

Depends on the enviornment.  I've had lots of machines just lose power.
People will pull power cords out, the back-up generators won't start
before the battery back-up runs out, someone will push the Big Red
Switch.  Even the best back-up power isn't going to help if it catches
fire.  I sort of like machines to work when the power comes back.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.