Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:51:28 -0800
From:      "mwest" <mwest@umem.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   a 250Meg ramdisk

Hi,

Would anyone know if how to pre-load modules of type `md_image' is
documented anywhere?

I'm trying to create a 250Meg ramdisk ,  but have only managed one of 10
Meg  so far .

So far what I can surmise is that it has to be done in loader.conf:

1) Setting [mfs_load="NO"] to YES
2) Somehow indicated I want 250Meg for a memory disk as hinted to by one
of the last paragraphs of the md MAN page.

"the md driver will search for pre-loaded modules of type
`md_image' and instantiate a md device for each of these modules. The
type `mfs_root' is also allowed for backward compatibility. These
devices are backed by the RAM reserved by the loader(8), and as such not
limited by the malloc(9) size constraints"