Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:06:08 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
Cc:        users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD port of SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (continued)

--0qt3EE9wi45a2ZFX

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:37:05AM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> I've gotten a Makefile mostly tuned for sa3, based on the FreeBSD port=20
> makefile for 2.64.  I've added most of the dependencies, but FreeBSD=20
> doesn't have ports for Net::SMTP or IP::Country::Fast, so those two=20
> features can't be auto-installed unless the ports maintainer comes up wit=
h=20
> them.

Net::SMTP is provided by the net/p5-Net port.

As far as I can see, there's no mechanism within ports for depending
on a specific version of a perl module.  However you could add a test
into the pre-everything target. eg:

    pre-everything::
    	perl -M'Some::Module qw(1.2.345)'

will cause the build to exit with an error unless at least version
1.2.345 of Some::Module is available.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20