Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:59:18 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM public key problems

This doesn't answer your question but... Did you reveive
any CTMs lately? I am stuck here with src-4.0582.gz which
I had to pull manually from saargate...

Seems that CTM generation is broken again :-(

	-Andre

On Wed, 18-Jul-2001 at 12:53:11 -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> I have been looking at past emails sent out on the various ctm mailing
> lists, and I am not able to verify the public keys that accompany them.
> Am I using the software incorrectly, or is there a problem with the
> keys?
>
> I get the public key for CTM by looking at the welcome message I get
> when subscribing to one of the CTM mailing lists.  Then I use
> gpg --import
> to put the key into my .gnupg folder.
>
> Then I use
> gpg --verify file-containing-ctm-delta
> and I get a message:
>
> gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
> gpg: Signature made Mon Jun 25 02:20:23 2001 CDT using DSA key ID
> C380B4D8
> gpg: Good signature from "CTM Generator <ctm@freebsd.org>"
> Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
> can assign some missing owner trust values.
>
> No path leading to one of our keys found.

> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> gpg: Fingerprint: C05C DC5B B56E A62D 405E  C7D3 C255 8F14 C380 B4D8
>

> Stephen
>
> --
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith
> stephen@math.missouri.edu
> http://www.math.missouri.edu/~stephen

Note: No Microsoft programs were used in the creation or distribution
      of this message. If you are using a Microsoft program to view
      or forward this message, be forewarned that I am not responsible
      for any harm you may encounter as a result.