Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:05:50 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Angel Ortiz <angelo@tawny.ssd.hcsc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 14400 on FreeBSD

I have a BocaModem V.34E 28.8 modem configured on
port ttyd1 and the speed is 112K. The modem is setup to
talk at the best speed with who ever it is talking with.

Before I got the Boca, I had a USR Sportster 14400.... I made
NO changes except going from 56K to 112K....

I use it with faxes, uucp, ppp, slip.

FWIW.

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Angel Ortiz wrote:

> Questions:
>
> I am new to UNIX so excuse the question if it sounds too simplistic.
>
> I have FreeBSd version 2.1 and I would like to configure my system to
> use a 14400 modem.  Is it possible to configure a system for 14400 ?
> Most UNIX system range from 300 to 38.8 and 14400 is not included
> within that range.
>
> Thanks,
> Angel Ortiz

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178