Date:      Sun, 05 Jan 1997 18:23:09 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org (Philippe Regnauld)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA comments

> - during the installation process, in  vty0 ("graphical" progression), when I
>   scroll back with  SCRL LOCK to  look at kernel messages,  if I return  to
>   normal   mode and press SCRL   LOCK again, the   keyboard is frozen, only

There appear to be a lot of problems with the 2.2 syscons. :-( We'll
work something out, even if it means ending up having to revert a
number of changes.

> -  when re-running sysinstall,  and setting and FTP  server to install from
>   manually:   if,     once  the  setting   has   been   made,   I  go  into
>   Options->Media->Ftp again, bring  up the list  of  FTP servers and  press
>   ESC, sysinstall does a SIG 11.

That should be fixed now - we had a bogus free() which was being
called whenever you hit ESC in an options menu. :-)

> 1 thing which might be more due to my evil nature:
>
> modload a  first screen saver  (e.g. blank), modload a second, 'forgetting'
> to unload the  first (e.g. green), set vidcontrol  -t 1 to see the  result,
> nothing happens -- modunload _both_ savers, reload any, wait 1 second:
> panic.

I think this has always been the case and probably isn't likely to be
fixed very soon. :-(

						Jordan