Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 21:27:17 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        jbryant@endersbox.iadfw.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mb_map full

On Wed, 24 May 1995, Jim Bryant wrote:

> Our news server is a heavily used machine, is a pentium, has 128M RAM and
> 128M swap space, and is usually up to 80% swapbound.

    Wow... that's a busy news machine...

> Apparently, nothing is lost during the freeze-ups, and as a matter of
> fact, everything just picks up right where it left off.  I have ruled out
> "swap_pager: out of space", as we only saw that again two days ago [time
> for yet another memory upgrade].

    Since you say "everything just picks up right where it left off"
after an "mb_map full" message, I assume the machine hasn't lost the
network?  On the two occasions that it has happened on a machine here,
I had to reboot to get network access back.  No pings were going out,
and it would not respond to incoming pings.  All the netstat displays
looked normal and it *should* have been able to communicate with the
outside world, but it wasn't.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org