Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2006 07:08:53 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Could use some help fixing the pecl-crack port (broken since php 5.2?)

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:24:46AM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> Now, crack.so is in /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/crack.so, so it would
> appear as if my pkg-plist needs updated.  No worries ...
>
> except I'm a little unclear on the build magic behind PHP.  I'm guessing
> that 20060613 is some sort of API date?  If so, is it Ok to be hard-
> coding this in to the pkg-plist?  It seems as if this is handled by
> bsd.php.mk:
>
> .if ${PHP_VER} == 4
> PHP_EXT_DIR=    20020429
> .else
> PHP_EXT_DIR=    20060613
> .endif
>
> Which means hardcoding the path into the pkg-plist will break the port for
> PHP 4.  Despite the fact that I don't think many folks are using PHP 4,
> I'd rather not do this.

Looking at ports/Mk/bsd.php.mk, label `add-plist-phpext`, it appears the
PHP port framework already adds the appropriate .so to the packing list
for you.  You can verify this by removing it from your pkg-plist, doing a
make install, then looking at /var/db/pkg/whatever/+CONTENTS

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |