Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:42:45 +0900
From:      MARUYAMA Fuyuhiko <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Announce: New release of JDK1.1.8 for FreeBSD

Hi, all!

There are both good and bad news.

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:14:29 -0600
    nate@mt.sri.com(Nate Williams) wrote:

> Notable changes in this release include:
> - Better handling of signals like DIVIDE and SIGFPE which are trapped and
>   handled correctly now.

The bad news:
I think this change may not be merged in ELF version.  Please check
the build.  It still exists in ELF version.  On the other hand, AOUT
version works correctly, so problem is not so difficult, I believe ;-).

> - The ELF version should work better with AWT/Swing applications.  The
>   FreeBSD project donated a more modern copy of Motif that should avoid
>   some weird X errors that occurred previously.

The good news:
New ELF version works well, now I need not to concern about reported
problem.  Great!

Thanks for all people working on/with FreeBSD JDK.

--
MARUYAMA Fuyuhiko <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
Matsuoka laboratory,