Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:31:04 -0500
From:      Shawn Webb <lattera@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Valgrind Broken on 10.0?

Hey All,

So overall, I'm loving 10.0 (running on the STABLE branch). Really great
job. However, it seems that Valgrind is confused about where objects loaded
in memory are located. Please forgive my forgetfulness, but I seem to
recall a discussion (either on current@ or stable@) regarding changes to
the virtual memory management system and how those changes could affect
userland applications like Valgrind. Can someone point me in the right
direction if that's the case? Otherwise, what are some courses of action I
could take to get symbols to resolve in Valgrind? 9-stable doesn't have
this problem. 11-current exhibits the same behavior as 10-stable.

Below you'll find a link to the log of Valgrind failing on a specific
clamav unit test. I'm running 10-stable in bhyve under an 11-current system.

Failed unit test log: http://ix.io/9xQ (if you'd prefer me paste the log
(quite lengthy) in an email, let me know).

Thanks,

Shawn Webb