Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 19:29:39 -0700
From:      "Daniel Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
Subject:   ftp installation and Book Recommendation

Hi,
First my question:
I would like to install FreeBSD 2.2.1 using the ftp installation option.
But when I tell it to start it never connects to the modem. I get sent to
ppp, I go into term and the modem never responds to the AT commands, I have
ppp setup and usually it connects fine.

Second, a book recommendation:
Sorry this is really the wrong mailing list for this, but I think it would
be most useful to the people on this list. I recently purchased the book
"Unix Internals - A Practical Approach" by Steve D. Pate, and I would
highly recommend it to anybody else who would like to know about the inner
workings of Unix, the book is about SCO Unix, but most thing should be the
same for FreeBSD. The only differences I have noticed are the name of some
devices are different.
Info about the book:

Title:  Unix Internals - A Practical Approach