Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 1995 13:59:30 GMT
From:      jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: this is silly - really!

In article <199502011214.EAA05180@freefall.cdrom.com>,
Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com> wrote:
>ok, just a quick straw poll.  how many people out there _really object_
>when somebody sends them something in all lower-case, too lazy to even
>capitalize after punctuation?

as i heard Neil Young say in an interview, "It's my style, man."

i generally type in lower case, only capitializing when the mood
strikes me, or when yelling.

this gets me into trouble sometimes, as this style of writing follows me
on paper, and my boss has actually sent my memo's back with little circles
around the 'i' (as in "i propose ...").

i explained to her that my style was somewhat representative of my personality.

all lowercase is relaxed and informal.  to me it indicates a certain level of
slack, which i try to maintain.

>on the other hand, as you can plainly see, it looks kinda stupid.

i resemble that remark.

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]