Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:16:12 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Reverend K Kanno <presence@churchofinformationwarfare.org>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, David Miller <dmiller@sparks.net>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LUN 1 on 3.2-R?

>False. There are many BAD SCSI BIOSes out there.
>
>I challenge you to get a Chapparal or Infortrend SCSI-SCSI raid controller
>with at least two raid volumes to work with the integrated aic7899 HAs that
>come on dell 64xx servers.

Perhaps.  The aic7899 on my Dell Precision 420 does not seem to have
this issue, but I don't have access to a Dell 64xx to test against.
In this entire thread, my assumption was that you were complaining
about FreeBSD being unable to talk to these devices.  There are, as
I've said before, no known issues in this regard.  If you have
a particular machine where the BIOS is not functioning correctly,
I can forward your report to the appropriate people within Adaptec
so that the problem can be addressed.

--
Justin