Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:48:36 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        "Deakle, Jeff H." <JHDeakle@ener.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Best DSL Router?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Rick Hamell wrote:

> > I am about to go DSL.  I run a small web sever, about 5000 hits a week.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on which would be the best router for the
> > money(of course one that has been successfully used with FBSD)?  My price
> > range is around $300-$500.
>
> 	I and everyone I know recommends a Cisco 675... you can pick up
> new or barely used ones on Ebay in the $200 range. :) I'm using one right
> now and plan on picking up another one soon.

	Is this compatible with PacBell's DSL and does it do PPPoE and how
many ports can you map for NAT and does it have traffic shaping?  Somehow
I think FreeBSD will still be the ultimate router :)

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin