Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:45:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Cc:        hampi@rootshell.be
Subject:   Re: unloading ums and usb

In message: <200408271232.05202.doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> writes:
:
: On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:08, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
: > > USB is not really un-loadable at this stage although it is being worked
: > > on. I am not sure how long it will take, or if it will get MFC'd
: > > (although I expect it will).
: >
: > Well, but unload of USB succeeds if there is no client loaded.
: > Anyway, it sounds this bug is solved in -current.
:
: Heh, at best this will leak memory, at worst it will crash if you reload it or
: otherwise poke it..

I'd agree with the characterization "in current, we're making it
incrementally suck a lot less than it did before and maybe, just
maybe, the suckage factor will go away completely if we do it enough
times."

Warner