Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:57:21 -0500
From:      "Matthew P. Marino" <bind9@citystamp.com>
To:        Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Roger Davidson <rd787@home.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: processor compatability

Apple's Motorola processors are, in general, only apple friendly. If your goal
is to run a lot of open source apps you really want to stay away from the PPC
platform. Darwin is cool enough but the differences from it's BSD roots will
drive you nuts. My opinion is that darwin is a slave to OSX. If your goal is to
run a workstation with some basic web server type apps on PPC hardware, just
stick with OSX. If your goal is to run a server with a wider range of GPL'd apps
and you WANT to learn how it all works, stick with one of the BSD's on Intel.