Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:35:43 -0500
From:      "William S. Harker" <wsh@njnet.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   INJUNS running away

I was wondering if you fellows could point me in the right direction on
solving this problem.
I am running freeBSD 2.1.5 on an Intel P90 80mb ram. I am running Apache
1.1.1 ( binary from apache.org ). What happens is that apache will run and
increase its resource consumption exponentially until after about 3 days it
is using 80 - 140 % of the system resources as reported by uptime. I
doesn't seem to watch the resource usage at all. Sendmail shuts down, so
does Innd and eventually the system is only running apache. I have used the
same config on other OS ( SCO, Linux ) and this does not happen. Any Ideas?
Bill Harker
Pres.
root Consulting
Webmaster NJNET.COM