Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 16:49:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      nlawson@statler.csc.calpoly.edu (Nathan Lawson)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Boot code mods/DOS drive probs

Hi there all..  two questions.
1.  I have looked through the entire /sys/i386/boot/biosboot dir, but can't
    seem to find the right code to get my kernel to boot off the second drive
    -wd(1,a)- automatically.  Could someone tell me which line to change?

2.  My DOS drive (wd0e) won't mount from freebsd.  That partition table in DOS
    fdisk notes the proper partition is there, and the boot loader loads and
    runs DOS fine, so I know that the partition isn't corrupted.  It's the first
    partition on the drive.  Any ideas?

Here's my setup:
486 33, 8mb ram
FreeBSD 2.0R
2 IDE drives, C: 210 mb, D: 1032 mb

Drive 1:                           Drive 2:
190mb DOS, 15 mb freebsd swap      1000 mb freebsd, 32 mb freebsd swap

Please reply via email and cc it to the list if you wish because I am still
not subscribed to it while I am setting up the appropriate filter.

Thanks a lot!
--
Nathan Lawson      | "If the automobile had followed the same development as the
CSL 490/News Admin |  computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a