Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:36:13 +0300
From:      "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
To:        lev@FreeBSD.org, 'freebsd-geom' <freebsd-geom@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gpart: add MBR type !133 (0x85) as alias for EBR (type !5)?

--ehTRR5BFM0fmWIGNqa0naa0N0b1LgS1Sw

On 19.01.2015 00:01, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
>=20
>  What do you think about $subj?
>  Ive encountered several disks which have partition with type 133 and
> it it valid EBR, as if it has type 5.
>=20
>  Wikipedia says, that it is (was?) used by Linux.

Also it says, that this type is used for second extended partition
chain. This means you can not just add type id to MBR scheme, because
this will lead to partition names collisions in GEOM_PART_EBR_COMPAT
mode. Anyway we don't handle this correctly, even if you will use
0x05/0x0f for second chain :)

--=20
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov