Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:40:11 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        kshaw@kendallshaw.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kvm switch

Hi,

> Do you have a kvm switch that does mouse and keyboard emulation and know
> that it works with freebsd?

I have been using Aten KVM switches for years and been very happy with
them.

On FreeBSD, the machine is only in console mode, pure TTY. But there
are a couple of Linux boxes connected to the KVM, using some type of X
window. Switching from one machine to another and back does not need
to reissue any command.

To my knowledge it works with 3 button mouses (all mouses nowdays have
3 buttons).

They have a complete range, from 2 to 8 (or 16?) ports, high end
allowing cascading up to 256 CPU on one screen. I have been using only
8 ports, but I beleive their 2 ports are just as reliable. They come
with PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse, I have used only PS/2 so far.

Olivier