Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:47:16 -0700
From:      Jason Liao <jasonl@xinetron.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failed to install on WD WDC33100H HDD

Greetings,

I tried the HDD again on an old 486 computer.  It failed again.  There
is no LBA, no 32-bit access, no block access, no PIO mode 4 support on
the 486 computer.  The result is the same as on Pentium and Pentium
PRO.  On a Pentium system, DOS 6.22 can fdisk it without any problem. I
didn't try DOS on the 486.   I really believe that there are something
special in the WDC33100H that the BIOS can support while FreeBSD 2.2.x
can not.

--
Jason Liao