Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:25:31 +0200
From:      alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
To:        Per Wigren <wigren@home.se>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with my very first port

Thus spake Per Wigren (wigren@home.se):

> ftp://ftp.aros.net/pub/users/gold/xmame-0.37b7.1-with-xmess-UNOFFICIAL.tar.bz2
> I have no ftp/webspace where I can put a 5MB file so can
> this please be put on the main site with the filename
> xmess-0.37b7.1.tar.bz2 or something?

You don't need webspace, if the file is available at the above
location.

> Another question: xmess and xmame is in the very same
> sourcefile so do we really need to have two copies of the
> very same file? You specify TARGET=mess or TARGET=mame in
> the Makefile to specify which one to build...

there won't be two copies in this case.

I don't know where the difference between xmame and xmess is, but
maybe you can create one master and one slave port.

But since there are ports of those two already, you shouldn't have to
worry.
Just update the port and send-pr a unified diff, as described in the
porters-handbook on http://www.freebsd.org/

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory