Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:44:15 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wish List (was: Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again)

In message <20010216102618.A90210@hamlet.nectar.com>, "Jacques A.
Vidrine" writ
es:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:30:27AM -0800, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Gro
> up wrote:
> > Other candidates, Kerveros IV.  Anyone is serious about using Kerberos
> > would install the krb5 port.  (I don't consider heimdal a serious
> > condender, it's already a port and it should have stayed there).  IMO,
> > both Kerberos IV and heimdal are just a waste of disk space).
>
> Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on your comments about Heimdal.
> There is a lot to like about it over the MIT Kerberos implementation,
> not the least of which is the fact that the MIT Kerberos license still
> does not allow export from US.

I understand it to be not a full implementation of Kerberos V.  There
was some discussion about this on -stable or -security some time ago.

As you're the maintainer of both in the FreeBSD ports/source trees you
would know more about that than I do.  Maybe I'm off base here.

--
Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766