Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:46:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99@yahoo.com>
To:        imp@village.org, viren@cigital.com, erick@kinnee.net, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom RealPort Cardbus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56

<15133.26918.163784.848462@aop.cigital.com> "Viren
R.Shah" writes:
>:  EK> pcib2: device pccbb0 requested unsupported
memory range
>:  EK> 0x44000000-0xeffffff (decoding
0xf4000000-0xfbffffff,
>:  EK> 0xfff00000-0xfffff)
>:  EK> pccbb0: Could not grab register memory
>:  EK> device_probe_and_attach: pccbb0 attach
returned 12

>One work around that I've heard about, but haven't
seen, is to go into
>where the unsupported memory range message is
generated in the pcib.c
>code and ripping out the return error part and just
ignoring it.

>Warner

By editing sys/dev/pci/pci_pci.c and ignoring io &
memory range check in function pcib_alloc_resource()
work for me. However, my config is not a notebook but
ASUS CUSL2 (i815E) with Orinoco PCI adapter.

Thanks Warner for your hint.