Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2013 05:19:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports via svn, make fetchindex and make compatibility with NetBSD

> > So could I run "make fetchindex" from NetBSD even if I don't attempt to actually build ports from NetBSD?

> > I would have to point the MAKECONF to FreeBSD's /etc/make.conf rather than use NetBSD's /etc/mk.conf which is specific to NetBSD.

> > Or is it safe to skip "make fetchindex" entirely?

> It is safe :)

> regards,
> Bapt

Now I can feel more comfortable, I trust your insider knowledge.

I still would have to make fetchlist from FreeBSD, then fetch from NetBSD, then boot back to FreeBSD to compile/build.

Sort of cloak-and-dagger.

Better would be if I could get Hiro H50191 USB wireless adapter to work with driver rsu, could even try ndis as fallback and to see if that works.

I haven't yet tried with my new TP-Link wireless router that replaced a failing Netgear router.

Tom