Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:31:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Subject:   aout / elf library directories

A new Emacs is being tested for release, and I'm looking at one line
in the FreeBSD-specific configuration file:

  #define START_FILES pre-crt0.o /usr/lib/crt0.o

Is -current's /usr/lib/{aout,elf} going to persist for a while (which
would imply I should try to get this changed before release), or is it
a fairly temporary condition?

(It would be possible to look for aout and elf directories, and choose
among them.  I only want to do this if it looks like either (1) this
is going to take some time to resolve, or (2) we have had or will have
any releases going out the door like this.)

Thanks,
joelh

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan