Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 00:10:56 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytracker.ca>
To:        Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System instability (Revisited 2)

> e symbol table
>
>         when I tried to get a uucp session going. I did get it one or
> two other times on other programs.
>
>         Where do I start? I'm getting frustrated enough to re-install, but
> this only was installed 2 months ago.

If this is a situation where it once worked fine, and now without
reasonable cause it is problematic, consider that it could be a
hardware problem. I had this suggestion given to me in similar
circumstances, and I discounted the suggestion. In the end, I had
a bad power supply.

If you could pull the drive easily and try it in another box it
might be helpful in knowing the problem is in one world(software)
or the other(hardware).