Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:15:14 -0500
From:      David Kleiner <kleiner@panix.com>
To:        Jordi <jordi_yc@lycos.es>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-release: sony vaio pcg-r505te freezes

Jordi,

I disabled acpi (by doing unset acpi_load at boot time) with some improvement -
the box stays up (13 hours now).

X is fine

System *seems* slower than 4.7-stable though.   Another problem that bothers me
is when I am trying to build mozilla-devel-gtk2, laptop just hangs.  Apparently,
it is trying to extract the tar file into work directory and just stops.

When I tried it over the network (ssh'd in two sessions, started make install in
one, ssh'd out in the second), the session with the make hung, the outbound ssh
stayed up but when I closed that to return to the shell prompt on laptop, it
froze as well.  No new shells could be open over inbound ssh (ssh was connecting
and freezing).

However, I was able to build X server and libraries.  Python build froze as well.
Kernel builds fine, world builds fine.  I'll rebuild kernel with ddb to get a trace.

I'm still looking into flashing option.

Baffled,

David