Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-SCSI@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with reboot

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> These parametes are tunable from dptmgr (DOS).  Future releases (soon) of
> our FreeBSD driver will support IOCTL and /dev/dpt ASCII interfaces to
> these functions, as well as array builds, repairs, monitoring, and other
> such things.  The SCO version of dptmgr will be ported to FreeBSD.
> Probably NOT in source.

  I have a DPT PM334UW.  I having trouble getting the Win95 storage
manager to work properly.  After building the RAID-5 array from 5 x 4GB
drives, and restarting the storage manager doesn't see the previous built
array!  I received the bare board version of this product (not by
choice!), so I don't have docs or any software, except for what I can get
off of www.dpt.com.

  What is the recommended way of building an array so it reconizable by
FreeBSD?  Right now when I boot, FreeBSD just sees 5 x 4GB disks, and
allows me to partition them, rather (as I'm presuming anyhow), a 16GB
virtual disk.  Is the Win95 or DOS storage manager preferred?

  Is sendero-ppp.i-connect.net/crash/dptmgr-floppy1.raw supposed to be
some kind of single disk boot manager?  How is it supposed to be used?

> Simon

Tom