Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:10:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to manually set irqs? Solved sort-of

Again I find the answer to my problem a couple of days
after I despair and post....  The way to set the IRQ
is through a neat little progy called pccardc (man
pccardc).  Have fun with that one.

Anyhoo, after having watchdog timeouts at every boot
for rl1, then watching rl1 claim IRQ, which dmesg said
was for rl0, and getting very confused, I remembered
that I had switched slots on one of my NICs for a
totally unimportant reason about a week ago.  So I
grabbed my screwdriver and put the dam card back in
its original slot and booted; everything is dandy.
Once again I'm humbled before the great BSD gods.

Excuse this post if you don't think it's relevant, I
just wanted to share a troubleshot problem
(potentially with googlers in trouble).  I will now
reach for an alltogether different type of
screwdriver...

=====