Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 1997 10:19:52 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        michael dorin <mike@chaski.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade questions 2.1.7->2.2.2

michael dorin wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am running a very stable 2.1.7 system for my web server.
> We get about 10000-15000hits per day.  As my disk drive is filling
> up, I am going to need to upgrade my space from 2 to 4 meg within
> a few weeks.  I also would like to upgrade the operating system
> at the same time.
>
> How much trouble is it going to be for me to move my current
> 2.1 based structure to the current system?
>
> Any thoughts? Warnings? Etc?

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

For me, upgrading from 2.1.x to 2.2.2 with the sysinstall upgrade option
was pretty easy. Make sure you have a backup of your /etc directory
beore you start. You'll have to do a lot of editing of the new /etc
files, as most of them have changed considerably since 2.1.x days. Once
you're finished with the upgrade, double check all new configuration
files and diff them with teh old ones. It takes some time, but it's not
that hard.

> -Mike
Nadav