Date:      13 Jul 2010 16:36:50 -0000
From:      Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Subject:   Re: an alternative to powerpoint

In article <110613.02658.82616@localhost> you wrote:
> Maybe you all love powerpoint for presentations, but sometimes
> one just needs to put together a few slides, perhaps a few bullets
> or images grabbed around the net, so i was wondering how hard
> would it be to do something that accepts a plain text file
> as input (without a ton of formatting) and lets you do a decent
> slide show, and supports editing the slides on the fly within
> the browser.
>
> Well, it's not too hard:
>
>         http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/sttp/
Haven't used it in years, but I liked it when I used ports/misc/magicpoint.

Port description is:
    MagicPoint - an X11 based presentation tool

    MagicPoint is an X11 based presentation tool.  It is designed to make
    simple presentations easy while to make complicated presentations
    possible.  Its presentation file (whose suffix is typically .mgp) is
    just text so that you can create presentation files quickly with your
    favorite editor (e.g. Emacs).

Larry Baird                        | http://www.gta.com
Global Technology Associates, Inc. | Orlando, FL
Email: lab@gta.com                 | TEL 407-380-0220, FAX 407-380-6080