Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Csup -- svn -- portsnap -- ctm --  ???

I've always relied on local log files, script-generated files, .txt files with hints on rebuilding, .htm with usage, etc in the ports tree directories
(/usr/ports/devel/subversion/Plist_Manually
/usr/ports/devel/subversion/Time_toCompile
/usr/ports/devel/subversion/svn_ports.msg ) etc etc.
With more than one machine low on disk space vs what a fully modern
PC might be, are they any hints on how to proceed when the usual
csup/cvsup is deprecated?
Portsnap says it will lose local changes, and refuses to update a ports tree I restored over a fresh one (with files as the above).
(It wants it created anew again...)
SVN, until I learn how, may not cleanly merge the former ports tree
(with the extra files) into the new tree and let the extra files
stay there (as portsnap's man page suggest it also might.)
I know I could craft a thumbdrive, ftp server, etc etc solution but as
this is a wholesale change of how I've always updated ports I am looking for someone else's suggestions (who use portsnap and/or ctm and/or svn, and also have extra files in the ports tree)  about which
methodology I might try to setup on one machine, and if it works, plan
the rest before csup/cvsup deprecates (unless they remain in non-official svn>csup servers somewhere, so to speak...)

Thanks

J. Bouquet