Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2012 13:30:01 GMT
From:      Martin Birgmeier <Martin.Birgmeier@aon.at>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/136865: [nfs] [patch] NFS exports atomic and on-the-fly atomic updates

The following reply was made to PR kern/136865; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Birgmeier <Martin.Birgmeier@aon.at>
To: Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/136865: [nfs] [patch] NFS exports atomic and on-the-fly
 atomic updates
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:15:56 +0200

 Hi Andrey,

 Today I started applying your changes and did the following:

 1. downloaded nfse-20121025.tar.bz2 from sourceforge
 2. read INSTALL-all
 3. checked out release/8.2.0 from FreeBSD SVN
 4. applied src/cddl.diff
   ==> this failed
 5. checked out head from FreeBSD SVN
 6. applied src/cddl diff
   ==> this failed as well

 I have imported all nfse patch files from sourceforge in a local
 mercurial repo to be able to easier follow what is changing. There I see
 that cddl.diff was updated for the last time on May 17.

 Could you help me with the following questions:
 - Is INSTALL-all still relevant, and if yes, for which cases?
 - What for is cddl.diff?
 - I am heavily using zfs. Which patches from your patchset do I need to
 get nfse to fully support zfs?

 Lastly, I believe it might be more helpful to combine INSTALL-all and
 INSTALL-kern into a single file INSTALL and in that file clearly point
 out the differences between the two methods (what does one method give
 you, what the other, what do I need to do for the first method, what for
 the other).

 Regards,

 Martin