Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:28:37 +0300
From:      Usov Alexander <usov@ups.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   S3-VIRGE/DX and XFree86 4.0

Hello guys!

I do have a little problem with XFree86 4.0 and 4.0-RELEASE

As you understand my video card is S3-VIRGE/DX, XFree86
works with appropriate driver almost fine: the only
problem is messages:

_XF86BigfontQueryFont: could not attach shm segment
XFree86-Bigfont extension: shmat() failed, size = 4096, errno = 24

bombing console.
My kernel has SYSV* options, and that looks strange :(

One more: When I try to switch to another virtual console from X,
it turn off my monitor and completely hang my system :(

And the last one: when I log out X my monitor turns off and to got
it back to life I should switch between virtual consoles, after
that I saw that lines:

waiting for X server to shut down ..........
xinit:  X server slow to shut down, sending KILL signal.
waiting for server to die

Does anybody know what is the problem?
If does - HELP ME, please :)

Maybe it`s a bug in 4.0-RELEASE? Anyway I decided to switch to
4.0-STABLE, or I shoud use XFree86 3.3.x? ;)

PS.

Sorry for my bad english.