Date:      Fri, 27 May 2011 22:15:19 -0400
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Statistics?

In a couple of days, I'll be shutting down a 7.1-RELEASE server which
has been running continuously for 769 days, in order to add some memory
to it and update to 8.2-STABLE.  It has received over 1 billion packets
and transmitted over 1.4 billion, of which over 20 million in each
direction were IPv6 packets.  Are there any other statistics that anyone
would like to see before I shut it down?

The only strange thing I've seen over the last two years are that there
are 2,634 lingering sockets listed in "netstat -a" in CLOSED state from
when client machines, having automounted /usr/home and /var/mail from
this server, were shut down.  Notwithstanding, I've had a very warm,
fuzzy feeling about 7.1-RELEASE for a long time now!

-- George Mitchell