Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:08:22 +0300
From:      Sergey Solyanik <solik@solik.net>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Initio INIC-941 SCSI controller

"Kenneth D. Merry" wrote:

> Do you mean you're working on a driver, or do you mean that you want a
> driver?

I need a sources for dirver. I have driver, but only in object code. I
successfully link it with 2.2.8-RELEASE kernel and it worked ok. But I
have a Matsushita CD-R drive, and I can't manage the kernel to detect it
as worm device. I've add detection strings into scsiconf.h, but have no
success.
i think the problem in driver... May be. ;)

> There's no FreeBSD driver for that chip that I know of, for either the old
> or new SCSI layers.

If you want, I can mail it.

> If you're working on a driver for that chip, I'm sure Justin will be glad

I'm not a great freebsd driver developer, I have a little expirience...
May be I'm wrong in thoughts about driver and worm device...

Thank you!
ps: please, forgive me my bad English.
--
 SSV3-RIPE                         Tired of this second-hand fun,
 http://www.solik.net/          I'm heading for the absolute one.