Date:      Mon, 23 May 2011 12:48:30 -0400
From:      "Lars R. Noldan" <lars@sixfeetup.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Memory Limits

Hello all,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.  My search fu only showed
something dating back to FreeBSD 6.2 era, and I know a lot of work has
gone into jails since then.  Is there a way to limit the amount of total
ram available to a jail?  Say for instance I have a jails server with
32gb of ram, can I limit jail01 to 512mb?  If this isn't currently
possible is there any work being done towards this goal?

Any suggestions you can provide, including links to the fine manual I
should have found but didn't are welcome.

Thanks for all the hard work that's gone into jails!  In the time I've
been using them (since 7.1-Release) The improvements are huge!

Thanks again!
Lars
--

Six Feet Up, Inc. | Where sophisticated web projects thrive
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x609