Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2012 06:22:08 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   png, graphviz and php

Attempting to upgrade all ports depending on png, I hit a snag with an error message relating to swig and php 5.4:

.if ${PHP_VER} == 5
BROKEN=                 swig is to old to build for php 5.4
.endif

I have php5-5.3.8, swig 1.3.40 and graphviz 2.28.0 presently installed.

Would it help to upgrade swig to swig20, or should I deselect PHP in the options for graphviz, which I already did, seeing it was not a default option?

Maybe an incompatibility between php 5.4, swig and graphviz?

I tend to be overambitious choosing options, often to my regret.

Just for comparison, I looked in (NetBSD) pkgsrc/graphics/graphviz, and PHP is not available as an option:

PKG_OPTIONS_VAR=        PKG_OPTIONS.graphviz
PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS=  gd ghostscript gtk guile lua ocaml pangocairo rsvg tcl x
11 perl
PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS=  gd gtk lua pangocairo perl tcl x11

Tom