Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2013 12:36:36 +0100
From:      Magnus Lindholm <linmag7@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-9.1 freezes on sun ultra-30

Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD-8.3 on my sun ultra-30, the 9.1 boot-only install =
CD failed to boot, so did the 9.0 install CD. 8.3 worked fine and from =
that I upgraded to 9.1 from source. The system has been up and running =
for a day or two when I get the message:

pcib0: correctable DMA error AFAR 0x3aecc400 AFSR 0x40f400009f800000

I't repeats a few times on the console and then the system freezes. The =
system was doing some work building stuff from the port-collections, so =
the load was quite heavy. Is this hardware related (failing hardware) or =
is something in the 9.1 kernel thats doesn't work well with my hardware?

Regards

Magnus=20