Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:21:47 +0200
From:      Olivier Cortes <receiver@deep-ocean.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP / trap12 / heat problem. (99% SOLVED)

Hello all,

i've go some good news (at least for me :) ).
nearly everything is going ok on my machine since the moment
i reinserted FAN#0 on CPU#0. that was the cause of the overheat,
and perhaps some other problems.

the power supply is out of cause.

i can't have smb0 because i don't have an intel chipset and
i have only intpm in my kernel config file.

AUTO_EOI1 & 2 definitely *don't work* (vinum -> trap 12 at boot *everytime*)
and thanks to the person who wrote 'don't compile vinum in the kernel'.
god bless him/her.

i still wonder about the star at boot, but everything else is fine.

when i'm a bit more advanced, i think i will install -CURRENT to become
a SMP beta tester.

best regards,

---
Olivier Cortes