Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:57:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Josh Rickmar <joshua_rickmar@eumx.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   net-im/finch crashing on startup

Hi,

First, some system details:

[18:41][joshua@FGD135] % uname -a
FreeBSD FGD135.localdomain 7.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p4 #0: Sun
Mar 22 12:35:36 UTC 2009   root@i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I have just built the net-im/finch port (and libpurple) using the
following configure options:

      BONJOUR=on "Enable mDNS support"
      DBUS=on "Enable DBUS bindings"
      GNUTLS=on "GNUTLS encryption support"
      NSS=off "Mozilla NSS encryption support"
      SASL=off "Cyrus SASL support (for jabberd)"
      PERL=off "Perl scripting"
      TCLTK=off "Tcl/Tk scripting"
      SAMETIME=off "The Lotus Sametime chat protocol"
      SILC=off "The Secure Internet Live Conferencing protocol"
      GG=off "The Gadu-Gadu chat protocol"
      IRC=off "The Internet Relay Chat protocol"
      JABBER=on "The Jabber/XMPP/Google Talk protocol"
      MSN=off "The MSN Messenger protocol"
      MYSPACE=off "The MySpaceIM protocol"
      NOVELL=off "The Novell GroupWise chat protocol"
      OSCAR=on "The AIM/ICQ/Oscar protocol"
      QQ=off "The Tercent QQ chat protocol"
      SIMPLE=off "The SIMPLE chat protocol"
      YAHOO=off "The Yahoo! Messenger protocol"
      ZEPHYR=off "The Zephyr chat protocol"

As soon as I try and start finch, it loads for a brief second, but then
I get a segmentation fault.  My terminal is also messed up afterwards.
Can anybody help? I'm not quite sure what to do to fix this, or even
figure out what is going wrong.

Also, does anyone has any other recommendations as to a console-based IM
client supporting at least XMPP if I can't get finch working?