Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:03:58 -0600
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        Rob Simons <rob@xs1.simplex.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows NT Problem - Off subject

[my description cut out]

>As I read it here you have the token ring card as default gateway for
>the 10Base-T card?  It's supposed to be the other way around. On the
>client it should read the server's token ring card ip-address as
>gateway, and on the server it should read the Ascend's ip as default
>gateway. If thee Ascend's ip is in the same range as the 10Base-T card
>it will find it no problem.
>If this won't solve your problem you should make a small drawing of your
>configuration, and write the ip addresses and netmasks for each
>interface.

Ok, here's our config:

Ascend				Server				Rest of Network
x.y.z.1			Enet Card	Token Ring		ip: .130-
255.255.255.128		x.y.z.10	x.y.z.129			|
|	|		255.255.255.128	255.255.255.128			|
|	|			|		|			|
|	|			|		|			|
|	-------------------------		-------------------------
|	  no hub, direct connect		       token ring hub

To PM2i

My drawing skills probably arent' the greatest, but hopefully this will
convey the point.  As I show in the diagram, we don't have a hub between
the server and P50, but the cable is good,  We have tested it with a laptop
and was able to telnet to the P50 and our network through the PM2i.  The
problem seems to be in the server.  We thought that it might be a problem
with the route table on the server, but there doesn't seem to be any docs
on how to change/delete bogus info from the NT server route table.

Darrin R. Woods                       |   dwoods@netgazer.com
Director                              |
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.              |   http://www.netgazer.net
Dallas, Texas                         |

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say