Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:51:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        ragnar@sysabend.org (Jamie Bowden), tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org (Mark Ovens), noslenj@swbell.net (Jay Nelson), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was: Re: On "intelligent people" and "dangers to BSD"]

> When I, and anyone else not engaged in warping another's argument,
> speak of "assault weapons" we are talking about firearms and
> ammunitions designed for military or police use and the specific
> purpose of injuring or killing human beings.

I'm actually perfectly happy to define them as "firearms and
ammunitions designed for citizens to defend themselves against
military or police enforcement of tyrranies, such as taxation
without representation by a foreign power, such as the British
Crown".  And in my book, that means that citizens should own
them, unless you can somehow guarantee that the government
under which you currently live will never become corrupt or
tyrranical.

This nation (the United States) was born from armed citizens
with as good or better weapons than their oppressors rising
up against tyrrany.  This was less than 225 years ago, which
is only about three times the current adult life expectances.

We should be prepared to do it again, if we have to, and again,
and to keep doing it until there are no more tyrants.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.