Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:52:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: vm_page_insert

Newly installed 3.3-RELEASE, previously a 2.2.7-REL
box running without any hardware problems for days
and weeks.

Running: 4 ethernet cards (Intel fxp and two SMC on de driver),
one ppp link (on tun0) and ipfw with natd and ADDED
dummynet bandwidth management.

The only thing new is dummynet, the rest is the same
as compared to 2.2.7-RELEASE box (few config changes required
for upgrade).

I am going soon to add DDB and dump partition, since
the panic is quite reproducible: I start to make
ucd-snmp from locally installed (no NFS) /usr/ports
tree. However, the machine panicked once even in
single user mode, after I have started fsck to repair
filesystems.

The panic is in vm_page_insert(), and I have not
yet gathered more information, please be patient.

I also have to double-check the non trivial natd
configuration and perhaps it's time to file a PR.

--
                 << Marcin Cieslak // saper@system.pl >>