Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:10:25 GMT
From:      "Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software@schmittnet.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/86820: ISO Install Disk hangs after acd0:

The following reply was made to PR i386/86820; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software@schmittnet.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, software@schmittnet.com
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:09:05 -0400

 I have now tried 6 beta 4, 5.4, 4.11, 4.10, and 4.9. I can install 4.9
 from CD and boot from the hard drive after it is complete. There are no
 messages in the log after the acd0: line. 4.10 and 4.11 allow me to do a
 full installation, but the system hangs after the acd0: message in both
 cases when I attempt a subsequent boot from the hard disk. 5.4 and 6
 beta 4 will not move past that point in the installation. Based on
 appearances, whatever change was made to the boot sequence written to
 the hard disk starting with version 10, without changing the sequence on
 the installer, then moved to the installer when 5 was released and
 presumably included in 6.