Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 19:59:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Diamond Stealth SE VLB.. screwy fonts

 This is really strange. I got a new(er) card for my small machine. A
diamond stealth SE VLB. This one has one meg of dram and the S3 Trio32
chip on it ( 86C732-P ). It seems to be nice and fast but the fonts on
it are screwed up. All the regular graphics show up fine on the screen
but anything that comes from a font file is hosed ( wine , gs, etc...
) is garbage. So you immediately thing font files are bad right...
wrong. I can run ( and am currently ) XF86_VGA16 and get clean fonts
no problem. I have also reloaded all my fonts from the cdrom. No
change.

 This only seems to happen with the S3 server. I can also get clean
fonts in the XF86_XVGA server. I am open to suggestions.

 -branson

branson matheson    |     work: e.b.matheson@larc.nasa.gov
CSC SysAdmin        |           http://longstreet.larc.nasa.gov/~branson
(w) 804-864-9700    |all other: ebm@visi.net

  *** I am getting a NEW job at Ferguson Enterprises. Please send ***
  ***    all mail to my ebm@visi.net address after Feb 1, 1996.   ***